The privacy and security of your personal information is very important to us at www.translatinghand.com. We consider all translation requests to be entirely confidential and at no point during the delivery of our services to you will we share your personal information or source documents with anyone that does not have a reason to see them.
This privacy notice explains in more detail how we handle the personal information of all of our customers, as well as containing some important information about the rights that all customers have about their personal information as data subjects.
Please make sure that you read this privacy notice carefully. By using and engaging with the services offered on www.translatinghand.com then you agree that you have read and fully understood this privacy notice and you give your consent for your personal information to be used in the ways which are explained below.
This website is managed and operated by Global E-commerce Solutions Korea Co. Ltd.
1. COLLECTING PERSONAL DATA
We will collect personal data from our customers when they contact us to request services, set up an account, apply interest for a free quote or otherwise use and engage with our translation services.
2. PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
The personal information that we collect from you when you set up an account with www.translatinghand.com or otherwise request our services may include but not be limited to:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your postal address
- Phone number
- Banking information
- Any other information that may be significant or relevant to the services which you have requested from us
When you submit this personal information to us then you are giving us your consent that you agree for your information to be used in the ways which are outlined in this privacy notice.
This information will only be shared with people that have a legitimate business reason to know it, for example one of our freelance translators or any other third party which we solicit to perform business requests on our behalf.
When you submit your contact information such as your email address then you will be asked if you give your consent for your information to be used for marketing purposes in which we may send you occasional marketing emails regarding www.translatinghand.com news and upcoming offers that we think may interest you. This is optional, and if you would prefer not to receive these communications you may state this or opt out at any time.
3. REASON FOR COLLECTING PERSONAL DATA
We collect personal information from our customers only for the purpose of performing the translations which have been requested of us.
The security of the personal information of our customers as well as the confidential nature of some of the source material is very important to us and we treat all information with a high level of security.
We will not rent, share or otherwise give any of your personal information to anyone that does not need to know it. We will only keep this information for as long as is necessary for us to perform our business obligations to you after which time it will be securely deleted.
All of the personal data that we hold about our customers is stored on secure servers which are GDPR compliant. Furthermore we do not store any financial information on our servers and all transactions are encrypted and protected through advanced paywall security software.
Cookies are optional and if you would prefer not to have cookies enabled then you can make the necessary changes in your own browser preferences. However, please be aware that if you do not have cookies enabled then some of the features of www.translatinghand.com may not work as well.
6. CUSTOMER RIGHTS UNDER GDPR
Under current data protection laws in the TBC all customers as data subjects have the following rights with regards to their data:
- Right to erasure (be forgotten): An individual may request that an organisation delete all data on that individual without undue delay.
- Right to object: An individual may prohibit certain data uses.
- Right to rectification: Individuals may request that incomplete data be completed or that incorrect data be corrected.
- Right of access: Individuals have the right to know what data about them is being processed and how.
- Right of portability: Individuals may request that personal data held by one organization be transported to another.
- Right to restrict processing: Individuals have the right to request the restriction or suppression of their personal data.
- Rights related to automated decision: You have the right to object to automated decisions where a someone (usually a Data Controller) is using your personal information in a computerised model or algorithm to make decisions “that have a legal effect on you”.
7. CONTACTING US
If you wish to speak with us about this privacy notice then please get in touch with us.